Updated: May 21
Vaginal steaming can do a lot for the body. It is an herbal escape that offers holistic nurturing, healing, quiet time and self-love. The benefits of vaginal steaming are plentiful and essential to a healthy lifestyle. The experience can be customized for general cleansing or regular maintenance, or it can be made to target specific conditions and concerns.
The most common reasons for a vaginal steaming include periods and heavy cramping, vaginal odor, dryness, yeast infections, PCOS, fibroids, blocked fallopian tubes, a prolapsed uterus, ovarian or uterine cysts and other issues. Vaginal steaming has also been known to balance hormones, detoxify the womb, provide faster recovery after childbirth and increase fertility.
Other benefits include hemorrhoid relief, increased energy, fewer headaches and overall pain relief.
The most common herbs used include
Basil (cleansing and moisturizing)
Rosemary (anti-bacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial)
Calendula (reduces inflammation i.e., painful swelling)
Motherwort (imparts energy to, cleanses and relieves pain)
Mug wort (all purpose)
Marigolds (reduces inflammation)
Thyme (antibacterial and antimicrobial)
Reap these benefits and more by booking your v-steam session today!!
Do you wish you could V-Steam at home? If you follow the instructions below you can have great success!! If you are having ANY issues down below, you should schedule a session with us to prevent further discomfort.
1.In a medium-covered stone pot, pour some distilled water halfway to full.
2.Bring water to a soft boil for 5 minutes.
3. Place one handful of fresh herbs or 1/4 cup dried into the water. (We have herbal packages available with blends catering to your specific needs and also mix custom packages as requested.)
4. Turn off the heat, leave the lid on, and steep for another 5 minutes.
5. It is very important to test the temperature of the steam before using it. If it is too hot, wait 30 seconds and test it again until it feels comfortably warm.
6. Pour half of the water into the bowl you have ready to place over your toilet seat.
7. Remove your underwear and sit on the seat above the steaming water.
8.Drape a large blanket or sheet around your waist down to the floor making sure no steam escapes.
9. Make sure you keep yourself warm, keeping something on your feet (socks, slippers) and neck. You do not want any cold to get into your body while you are trying to warm it.
10.You should feel a warm, rolling heat for about 20-25 minutes.
When the steam dies down, dump the water into the toilet. Starting with step #4 begin the second dosage. If it has cooled too much, reheat but test again before sitting over the steam.
11. It is best to drink an herbal tea that compliments the herbs in your mixture for best results.
Enjoy your DIY steam session!! If you would prefer it done by a professional, book your spa session today!!